Monday, March 4, 2024

Interview with Lydia Rodríguez Sánchez / Entrevista a Lydia Rodríguez Sánchez

Interview with Lydia Rodríguez Sánchez

I had the pleasure of being able to interview Mrs. Lydia Rodríguez Sánchez. A Spanish author from the province of Alicante. Lydia told me "During the time of adolescence and the first stage of youth, I liked to capture emotions, feelings. This hobby did not materialize, I mean that the written pages remained in drawers. 

    Due to work circumstances, I put this hobby aside. Retirement has given me enough time and maturity to be able to do what I was not able to do during my professional career. A year after the start of retirement, I felt the desire to write again. I started with short stories until, one day , I decided to write the short novel 'The Last Path'".

I asked her why she decided to write?
Well, as I mentioned, the desire was revived. I cannot conceive of having a passive attitude, on the contrary. Writing gives me vitality, horizon, goal. It makes me exercise my brain.

What inspires your work?
The environment, social issues, and nature.

On which internet pages do you share your work?
I use Instagram, Facebook, threads, goodreads. In the future I will surely join more networks.
I am also a member of the Objective Books Club.

Do you have a favorite writer?

Although there is more than one, I would highlight the French writer Jean Giono.

Are you starting to write a new book in addition to the ones you have published?
My second novel "That Autumn" is in the hands of a publisher for publication. I estimate that it will be published at the end of May.

Is there a book or poem that marked your life?
Yes. "Que ma joie demeure" by the aforementioned writer. For me it represents a song to life.

Is there any genre that you like the most?
Contemporary novel with a poetic touch and/or social themes.

Are you working on something now? Do you plan ahead your stories or do you sit and let your mind flow in the moment? (meaning are you a plotter or a pantser).
I am a mix between a planner and an improviser. I ripen the story in my mind. When I am clear about the central idea, the beginning and the end, then it is time to write. From that moment on, improvisation comes into play as the story progresses.

Besides writing, what other activities do you like to do?
Since I was twenty-four I have been passionate about hiking/mountaineering. I continue with this hobby that I share now with writing and traveling. I love visiting other places.

Is there any advice for people new to the art of writing that you would like to share?
I would say that it takes a lot of perseverance when writing. Get into the habit, be disciplined. We have to be our own critics, that is, be demanding, but never throw in the towel. Also be aware that the work of writing does not end with the end of the manuscript. Then comes all the marketing work to promote the book. Nowadays, promotion lies mainly in the writer, so his link with social networks is important.

Of course I asked Lydia to share the link to her book so that anyone can access it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/130258210-el-ltimo-sendero

I am very grateful to Lydia for the opportunity to do this interview to get to know a little more about the writers this world has. I really enjoyed reading your responses and I hope you, dear reader, do too.

 

Entrevista a Lydia Rodríguez Sánchez

Tuve el gusto de poder entrevistar a la señora Lydia Rodríguez Sánchez. Una autora Española de la provincia de Alicante. Lydia me dijo "Durante la época de la adolescencia y de la primera etapa de la juventud, me gustaba plasmar emociones, sentimientos. Esta afición no se materializó, quiero decir que las hojas escritas quedaron en cajones.

    Por circunstancias laborales dejé de lado esta afición. La jubilación me ha dado el tiempo y la madurez suficiente para poder realizar lo que no pude hacer durante mi trayectoria profesional. Un año después del inicio de la jubilación sentí de nuevo las ganas de escribir. Empecé por relatos cortos hasta que, un día, me propuse escribir la novela corta 'El último sendero'".

Le pregunte ¿Por qué decidió escribir?
Pues, como he comentado, se reavivaron las ganas. No concibo tener una actitud pasiva, al contrario. Escribir me aporta vitalidad, horizonte, meta. Me hace ejercitar el cerebro.

¿Que inspira su trabajo?

El entorno, temas sociales., la naturaleza.

¿En qué páginas de internet comparte su trabajo?
Uso instagram, facebook, threads, goodreads. En un futuro seguramente me una a más redes.
También soy miembro del Club Objetivo Libros.

¿Tiene algún escritor favorito?
 Aunque hay más de uno, destacaría al escritor francés Jean Giono.

¿Está comenzando a escribir un nuevo libro ademas de los que tiene publicado?
Mi segunda novela "Aquel otoño" está en manos de una editorial para su publicación. Calculo que saldrá editada a finales de mayo.

¿Hay algún libro o poema que marcó su vida?
Sí. "Que ma joie demeure" del escritor mencionado. Para mí representa un canto a la vida.

¿Hay algún género que le guste más?
Novela contemporánea con toque poético y/o temas sociales.

¿Planifica con anticipación tus historias o te sientas y dejas que tu mente fluya en el momento? (es decir, ¿eres un planeador o un improvisador)?

Soy una mezcla entre planificadora e improvisadora. Maduro la historia en mi mente. Cuando tengo claro la idea central, el inicio y el final, entonces llega la hora de escribir. A partir de ese momento entra en escena la improvisación a medida que la historia avanza.

Además de escribir, ¿qué otras actividades le gusta hacer?
Desde los veinticuatro años soy una apasionada del senderismo/montañismo. Sigo con esta afición que comparto ahora con la escritura y los viajes. Me encanta conocer otros lugares.

¿Hay algún consejo para las personas que se inician en el arte de escribir que le gustaría compartir?
Yo diría que se necesita mucha perseverancia a la hora de escribir. Coger el hábito, ser disciplinado. Tenemos que ser nuestros propios críticos, es decir ser exigentes, pero no tirar nunca la toalla. También ser consciente de que la labor de escribir no termina con el fin del manuscrito. Después viene toda la labor de marketing para la promoción del libro. Hoy en día la promoción radica principalmente en el escritor por lo que es importante su vínculo con las redes sociales.

Por supuesto que le pedí a Lydia que comparta el link de su libro para que cualquier persona llegue a él.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/130258210-el-ltimo-sendero 


Le agradezco mucho a Lydia la oportunidad de hacerle esta entrevista,  de conocer un poquito más los escritores que tiene este mundo. Disfrute mucho de leer sus respuestas y espero que usted, querido lector, también lo haga.


No comments:

Post a Comment