Monday, March 11, 2024

Interview with Mindy Killgrove / Entrevista a Mindy Killgrove

 Interview with Mindy Killgrove

 Mindy Killgrove lives in  Orlando, Florida, with her husband and three children. "We like being in the vacation capital of the world because we can go to theme parks or the beaches any time we like. We also enjoy venturing out and watching live music and sporting events. So, we love our town."

As always, I asked her why she decided to write?
I decided to become a writer because the stories have always just built in my head, then flowed naturally. Often, I create conversations between my characters and that might be the place where I start writing a book.

What inspires your work?
My inspiration comes from so many different places, but most often, I like to write about things I know well. One of my most recent trilogies featured a young woman who lived for playing softball. Anybody who knew me when I was growing up will see a lot of my own attributes reflected in that character. I'm a serious sort, as is Kate Kellner, and I wanted to convey how for some, myself included, there's a time when sports and being an athlete is the most important thing in the world.

On which internet pages do you share your work?

My eBooks are available through my website: www.mindykillgrove.com but they can also be purchased through Amazon, iTunes, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo. Some of my novels are also available as paperbacks, but those are exclusively found through Amazon.

Do you have a favorite writer?
My favorite author is Jane Austen, but I've also read a great deal of works by Agatha Christie and Gilbert Morris. I enjoy Austen's humor, Christie's characters with their wonderful idiosyncrasies, and the way Morris infuses his knowledge of the time period with his work.

Are you starting to write a new book in addition to the ones you have published?
The book I'm working on right now is entitled Majestically Married. It is the second book in the Kanedy Productions series. It follows the lives of the Kane siblings and this one features Jossalyn Kane.

Is there a book or poem that marked your life?
I think one of the books that changed my life was A Separate Peace by John Knowles. I still love it and recently re-read it, but it was one of those I recall reading in my youth and loving. Knowles captured the spirit of friendship and the way his characters would've behaved so well. I probably should review it every year because I adore the way he spins the tale so much.

Is there any genre that you like the most?
I mostly write romance novels, so I spend a great deal of time reading from that genre. I also like reading mysteries, and hope to eventually branch out and write one or two.


Are you working on something now? Do you plan ahead your stories or do you sit and let your mind flow in the moment? (meaning are you a plotter or a pantser).
I've written a few books off the cuff, just flying with them and letting the plot go wherever it wants, but for the most part, I plot out the whole story and even create a character list first. I don't like having to come up with names for secondary characters on the fly, because that can sometimes lead me to reuse surnames accidentally, so I try to craft a list of names I like, then drop them in whenever necessary.

Besides writing, what other activities do you like to do?

When I'm not writing or reading, I love watching television and going to the movies. I also spend a great deal of time in the kitchen, cooking and baking. My kids love the cookies and brownies I whip up and my eldest son says I make the best buckeyes in the world.

Is there any advice for people new to the art of writing that you would like to share?

If I were to give advise to someone who's thinking of writing a book, I'd encourage them to have fun with it. Write characters you like...draft stories you find compelling. Don't worry about the market or what is 'hot' right now. Make this experience your own, that way you can enjoy it when it comes time to share your work with others.

I really enjoy reading the different responses from the artists that allow me to do these little interviews with them. Each one opens my eyes in different ways. Thank you very much for letting me enter your life, once again I share the link of your work so you can find it.

www.mindykillgrove.com

Mindy Killgrove Amazon link

linktree free books and more 

Entrevista a Mindy Killgrove

Mindy Killgrove vive en Orlando, Florida, con su esposo y sus tres hijos. "Nos gusta estar en la capital mundial de las vacaciones porque podemos ir a los parques temáticos o a las playas cuando queramos. También nos gusta aventurarnos y ver música en vivo y eventos deportivos. Por eso, amamos nuestra ciudad".

Como siempre, le pregunté por qué decidió escribir.
Decidí convertirme en escritora porque las historias siempre se construyeron en mi cabeza y luego fluyeron naturalmente. A menudo creo conversaciones entre mis personajes y ese podría ser el lugar donde comienzo a escribir un libro.

¿Qué inspira tu trabajo?
Mi inspiración proviene de muchos lugares diferentes, pero la mayoría de las veces me gusta escribir sobre cosas que conozco bien. Una de mis trilogías más recientes presenta a una joven que vive para jugar softbol. Cualquiera que me haya conocido cuando era niña verá muchos de mis atributos reflejados en ese personaje. Soy una persona seria, al igual que Kate Kellner, y quería transmitir cómo para algunos, incluida yo misma, hay un momento en el que el deporte y ser un atleta es lo más importante del mundo.

¿En qué páginas de Internet compartes tu trabajo?
Mis libros electrónicos están disponibles a través de mi sitio web: www.mindykillgrove.com pero también se pueden adquirir a través de Amazon, iTunes, Barnes & Noble y Kobo. Algunas de mis novelas también están disponibles en libros de bolsillo, pero se encuentran exclusivamente a través de Amazon.

¿Tienes un escritor favorito?
Mi autora favorita es Jane Austen, pero también he leído muchas obras de Agatha Christie y Gilbert Morris. Disfruto del humor de Austen, los personajes de Christie con sus maravillosas idiosincrasias y la forma en que Morris infunde su conocimiento de la época en su trabajo.

¿Estás empezando a escribir algún libro nuevo además de los que has publicado?
El libro en el que estoy trabajando ahora se titula Majestically Married. Es el segundo libro de la serie Kanedy Productions. Sigue la vida de los hermanos Kane y este presenta a Jossalyn Kane.

¿Hay algún libro o poema que marcó tu vida?
Creo que uno de los libros que cambió mi vida fue "Una Paz Separada" (tambien conocida como "Una Paz Solo Nuestra") de John Knowles. Todavía me encanta y recientemente lo releí, pero fue uno de los que recuerdo haber leído en mi juventud y que me encantaba. Knowles capturó el espíritu de amistad y la forma en que sus personajes se habrían comportado tan bien. Probablemente debería revisarlo todos los años porque adoro muchísimo la forma en que cuenta la historia.

¿Hay algún género que te guste más?
Escribo principalmente novelas románticas, por lo que paso mucho tiempo leyendo ese género. También me gusta leer misterios y espero eventualmente expandirme y escribir uno o dos.

¿Estás trabajando en algo ahora? ¿Planificas con anticipación tus historias o te sientas y dejas que tu mente fluya en el momento? (es decir, ¿eres un planeador o un improvisador)?
He escrito algunos libros espontáneamente, simplemente volando con ellos y dejando que la trama vaya a donde quiera, pero en su mayor parte, trazo toda la historia e incluso creo una lista de personajes primero. No me gusta tener que inventar nombres para personajes secundarios sobre la marcha, porque eso a veces puede llevarme a reutilizar apellidos accidentalmente, así que trato de elaborar una lista de nombres que me gustan y luego los incluyo cuando es necesario.

Además de escribir, ¿qué otras actividades te gusta hacer?
Cuando no estoy escribiendo o leyendo, me encanta mirar televisión e ir al cine. También paso mucho tiempo en la cocina, cocinando y horneando. A mis hijos les encantan las galletas y los brownies que preparo y mi hijo mayor dice que hago los mejores buckeyes (bolas de mantequilla de mani) del mundo.

¿Hay algún consejo para personas nuevas en el arte de escribir que le gustaría compartir?
Si tuviera que dar un consejo a alguien que está pensando en escribir un libro, le animaría a que se divierta con él. Escribe personajes que te gusten... borradores de historias que te resulten convincentes. No se preocupes por el mercado o por lo que está "de moda" en este momento. Haz tuya esta experiencia, de esa manera podrás disfrutarla cuando llegue el momento de compartir tu trabajo con otros.

Realmente disfruté mucho leer las diferentes respuestas de los artistas que me permiten hacer estas pequeñas entrevistas con ellos. Cada uno me abre los ojos de diferentes maneras. Muchas gracias por dejarme entrar en tu vida, una vez más te comparto el enlace de tu trabajo para que puedas encontrarlo.

www.mindykillgrove.com

Mindy Killgrove Amazon link 

linktree libros gratis y mas 

No comments:

Post a Comment